When the summer heat cranks the temperatures up, it’s important to stay cool. A fun way to keep your family from overheating is to take a dip in one of the pools near Olathe, Kansas.
- Tomahawk Ridge Aquatic Center: A huge facility in Overland Park, Tomahawk Ridge has all kinds of attractions, from kid-sized slides to fountains to canopies for shade.
- Leawood Aquatic Center: This huge swimming pool isn’t a far drive from Olathe, and is worth visiting for the giant fake whale, zero-depth entry into the pool, and well-kept baby pool.
- Olathe Parks: Stay in town and visit one of the four great pools maintained by Olathe’s Rec Department—Black Bob Pool, Mill Creek Park Pool, Frontier Pool, or Oregon Trail Pool.
- Gardner Aquatic Center: Twisty slides, a lazy river with rentable tubes, and rentable areas for pool parties are all winning attractions at this Gardner facility.
- Midwest Aquatics Swim & Scuba Center: Featuring a clean indoor pool with swimming lessons and a shop with all your swimming gear needs, Midwest Aquatics is a favorite among locals.
Another great way to cool off is to enjoy the air conditioning in a new car from Olathe Ford!